Before participants arrive:
- Introduce yourself in person and perform radio check with staging area ropes volunteers
- Introduce yourself to the group escorts ensuring they know who is on the escort team
- Use the master schedule to determine which participants will be arriving for which registration time. Ensure they are at the correct registration time and check them off as they register
- Have them complete a participant waiver and bring it with them to staging
- Provide them with a wristband (if this is the method for waiver identification)
- Provide each participant with a name tag that is clearly visible
- Collect all droppable items from participants including phones, keys, coins, etc.
- For the first 1.5-2 hours, send participants to Staging as they arrive
- After about 2 hours, have participants come together in groups of 2-6
- Radio staging to see if they are ready for next group
- People will come late (and early), but do your best to keep them in their designated groups.
- The goal is to move participants through the process efficiently and quickly
- If participants come too early, i.e. more than 45 minutes, ask them to return at their designated registration time
- Perform 2 time checks every hour by recording the arrival time of two participants